Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Catch- up

Wow, this is sad. I haven't blogged in forever... So Here goes a post for the one reader out there :) Haha
Lets see... Im going to Disneyland for choir on friday!!! I am so excited!!! Im going with all my friends, its gonna be so amazing!!!
Now for catching up on other stuff...
For Matthew's birthday, we went to Alcatraz in San Francisco! It was super cool! I took a ton of pictures:
 Just boarding the boat. The bridge is the Golden Gate Bridge...
Just in case anyone doesnt know, Alcatraz is an old federal Prison in the middle of the San Francisco bay.. You have to ride a boat to get out there...
Almost there! It was such a pretty day in San Francisco!
 This is the apartment building where the guards and their families lived... It was crazy to me when the guide said that often times, the families referred to alcatraz as a small town, because it had its own grocery store and stuff, but all their bad guys were locked up! They didnt even have to lock their front doors! 
 This was a cool window... thought I would take a picture and edit it... 

Thats the Guard tower in the upper right corner... It had its own toilet, so the guard didnt leave while on call...
Walking up to the Cell house...
Looking up at the cellhouse....
 Inside... The first room we walked into was the shower and barber area... This is where they would pick up their clean clothes and stuff...
 Me and the birthday boy... I think I look weird... Oh well :)
 Ok, so we finally went into the cell house... This is a second story cell...
This is the basic cell... Pull out table, toilet sink, and there were cots... 
 I thought this staircase was cool.
 Um, Matthew kinda got into some trouble... They had to lock him up. :)
 This is the guards uniform. Its pretty much a suit, with the tie and vest and everything.
 This is the warden's Mansion... It caught fire, so the cement is all that is left...

OK, I'm tired... More pictures soon, I PROMISE!


1 comment:

  1. Cool pics!! I want to go there so bad!!! You look so cute by the way!! :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?